« Why I'm Not A Visual Effects Supervisor | Main | Dové la Cinecittà? »

March 29, 2007

I ♥ ORD

There may be a dearth of content here for the next ten days, as I'm heading to Europe tomorrow. Or rather, heading to Chicago for an eight hour layover, and then heading to Europe. I suppose one can never really spend too much time at O'Hare.

I'm replacing my laptop with a Moleskin (as if I'll actually manage to get any writing done) and leaving my cell phone at home. Nevertheless, I'm sure I'll find some way to check my e-mail while I'm gone, and provide a few thrilling updates here on my attempts to find vegan food in Italy.

Posted by David Lowery at March 29, 2007 2:39 PM

Comments

that plan sounds genius! seriously, have fun getting lost in europe and avoiding all things technological.

Posted by: brad at March 29, 2007 3:15 PM

while in italy, kiss a fool for me.
i hear that so many italians are dramatic in nature and cry with over-powered love as soon as you say 'hi'.

be careful.

Posted by: marc at March 29, 2007 9:15 PM

bon voyage!

Posted by: frank Mosley at March 29, 2007 10:05 PM

You're coming to Europe?! Very cool. I've been to Italy once... but never in Rome. What in Italy are you going to visit? I'm headed down to Lisbon for Easter vacation. Easter in a Catholic country is always fascinating.

Posted by: Karsten at March 30, 2007 4:09 AM

Now I'm jealous! Have a great time and blog about your adventures (hopefully more quickly than me)!

Posted by: Adam Donaghey at March 31, 2007 7:46 PM

Well, I just got to Florence, after hitting Milan and, in Germany, Frankfurt. It's been pretty swell so far, and there's something great about returning to a foreign city...a weird sense of familiarity. But it's bittersweet as well, since last time I was here I was able to eat gelato and cheese and all that. Not so much anymore. All I've eaten for the past three days is a marinara pizza and some fruit. And coffee. And wine. The excess of the last two make up for the deficit of everything else.

Posted by: Ghostboy at April 1, 2007 3:52 PM