« | Main | »

March 18, 2005

Our last screening was yesterday. It was at noon, after the first day of the Music Festival, and given that fact, we actually had a pretty large turn out - 30 people or so. Chief among them: Chuck, who was going to videotape our Q&A for us until we decided not to have one (more on Chuck later, of course, along with a great many other things).

I skipped out on the screening altogether, myself, and paged through graphic novels in a nearby comic books shop. Somewhere in that ninety seven minutes, my mom called to say Happy Birthday, which gave me the chance to tell her about all the reviews and the fantastic Tuesday screening and the generally great time this festival has been. Having two birthdays is really nice.

Posted by David Lowery at March 18, 2005 11:10 AM

Comments

So...jeal...ous...

Posted by: Matt at March 18, 2005 7:12 PM

Aww dude - happy birthday!

I'll probably mention this when I post about Deadroom, but as my plane was about to land in Minneapolis we suddenly pulled up and gunned it because a plane in front of us slid off the runway. I was thinking earlier on the same flight, "If this plane was going down and I sent Lori and email, what would it say?" a thought very much triggered by your story in Deadroom. I think that's why I like yours the best, because it's a deep and eternal question.

Posted by: Chuck Olsen at March 19, 2005 4:45 AM

SO-O-O-O-O-O...JE-E-E-E-EAL.....O-O-O-OUS.

Posted by: Matt at March 19, 2005 7:04 AM

Happy Birthday unto ye

Posted by: R at March 20, 2005 5:29 PM

That's why I wrote mine the way I wrote it, Chuck, and even when I'm pissed off that I made something so darn accessible, comments like yours remind me why I wanted to write that story in the first place, and why I wrote it the way I did. So thank you!

And thanks for the well wishes, folks - for the record, I should mention that my real birthday is December 26, but my parents moved it to March 17 when I was born (my middle name is Patrick) so that people wouldn't have an excuse to skimp on gifts. My age legally changes in December, but I celebrate it three months later.

Posted by: Ghostboy at March 21, 2005 2:40 AM

Wow. Really? That's so trippy. In fact, it actually sounds like the sort of quirk you'd find in something like [ugh] Napoleon Dynamite.

Posted by: Matt at March 21, 2005 7:33 AM

You just ruined it for me forever.

Posted by: Ghostboy at March 21, 2005 11:03 AM

People who don't like ND are IDIOTS!

Posted by: jmj at March 21, 2005 6:31 PM